Walking into the warmth of tomorrow








It’s strange how people look up to the sky like it’s heaven.  It isn’t heaven they see, it’s love. 
When you let someone actually see you.  When you let someone into your heart, you will see them forever.”

Survive

I came for a weekend away to Vancouver BC with one intention: find peace within.  I feel that I found it.  

The mountains give me something I can’t describe.  A peace and freedom from my hang ups and hurts.  They see me purely, just as I am.  They challenge me, strengthen me, and overflow me with curiosity and passion. 


Hiking Stawamus chief first, second and third peak trail took me back to my adventurous childhood years.  I wasn’t afraid of the technical aspects of the hike.   I seriously felt like Spider-Man as I crawled up the rock surfaces.  It was the epitome of my younger years.  Hiking that trail brought back a surge of fun and adventurous memories from when I was a wee little girl.  


  


Not all of my childhood memories were positive, however. Some were painful.  This is what I came here to lean into.  To find freedom from the hurts and hang ups I have felt.  To offer myself and others the freedom of forgiveness.  


For most of my life,  I have been afraid to look my inner child in the eyes.  To tell her story, name her pain, validate her feelings, and comfort her.  I feared admitting to myself that I abandoned her in some way. 


Not today.  Today I am present.   Today, I inhale courage and exhale fear.   I’m ready to actually see little me.  


Sweet child within me.  I’m here now.  Ready to walk into the warmth of tomorrow with your hand in mine.  


Whatever comes, I know I’ll be ok.  I don’t know how to stop shining…it’s just not in me. 


As I lay here on my final overnight, settling into bed, I am filled with an endless amount of gratitude for this experience. I am smiling so big! 


My heart is full of thanks.  So, so many thanks!


I’m ready to go home.  💕






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radical acceptance

At my Best